Ms Corinne Jorgenson (United States)
current term: 2015-2018
Corinne M. Jorgenson is President of Advancing Space, a consulting group that specialises in civil and commercial space. Services include policy analysis and regulatory assessment as well as strategic insights, business and market analysis to government, industry and international institutions. She carries out various research activities and successfully led the consensus among 30 space agencies on a Declaration for an unprecedented 2010 Heads of Space Agencies Summit. She has also led the 2014 Heads of Space Agencies Summit on Robotic and Human Spaceflight Exploration where leaders discussed space policy and fresh ideas for new international cooperation with a special focus on space emerging countries. Ms. Jorgenson also advises national and international bodies on matters relating to space policy and cooperation.
Previously, Ms. Jorgenson was Project Manager at the Government Relations Office of the American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics where she analyzed the impact of legislative initiatives and policies on space industry, organized aerospace policy forums on Capitol Hill designed to educate the public and congressional staff on specific aerospace issues. She prepared analyses of the NASA budget request as the contribution to the annual AAAS Intersociety Working Group R&D Report. Before joining AIAA, she worked at the French Society of Aeronautics and Astronautics (AAAF) where she initiated partnership with the French Parliament representatives.
Ms. Jorgenson is the author or co-author of more than 60 articles, reports and papers in the fields of space policy and law as well as telecommunications policy. She has presented numerous papers at various conferences around the world and participated in several space-related studies. She has a Technical Engineering degree (Ville d’Avray University, France), a Master of Business Administration (ESC Reims, France) and a Master in Space Policy (George Washington University, USA).
Ms. Jorgenson is also:
- Member and former Executive Secretary of the International Institute of Space Law (IISL)
- Former Editor for the IISL Proceedings (Eleven Publishing) 2002-2014
- Member of the International Academy of Astronautics (IAA). Chair of IAA’s Space Policy, Law and Economy Commission 2013-2015
- Associate Fellow of the American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics (AIAA). Formerly served on several AIAA committees, including the AIAA’s International Activities Committee and the Public Policy Committee.
- Member and Past Vice-President Programs of Women in Aerospace (WIA) and former member of the Board of Directors.
- Member of the American Astronautical Society (AAS). Member of the International Programs Committee and former member of the Awards Committee.
- Member and former Director of the Society of Satellite Professionals International (SSPI) U.S. Mid-Atlantic Chapter.
- Awarded the IISL Distinguished Service Award in 2012.